Students for Liberty is organizing a National Level Debate on the topics of prevailing issues in our country that will not contradict the ideas of freedom, equality and liberty or be offensive to any individual.
About the Debate
The objective of this debate competition is to educate the future leaders on Liberty and Libertarian concepts, and to connect people around Asia by sharing their ideas.
The debate will be in Asian Parliamentary Format with each team consisting of three members. The debate will be spreading awareness on liberty and libertarian concepts. Following the national tournament, the winning team will represent our region in the South Asian Inter-regional debate competition which will be conducted online.
Details of the Debate
- Registration should happen as teams. Any changes in the names or details of the members must be reported before the debate. Once the tournament begins, changes will not be permitted.
- Each team can consist of up to one SFLer and must have three members in total.
- Kindly identify your region (North India or South India) on the basis of the location of your university/college and not your place of residence.
- Since this is not an inter-college debate, the participants from the same team can be from different colleges. However, all 3 participants must belong to the same region.
- The final scores after each day of the tournament will be decided by tallying the wins and the judges’ scores.
- The winning team will represent North India/South India respectively in the South Asia Students for Liberty Inter-Regional Debate Tournament.
- Cash prizes will be disclosed soon.
North India: 14th and 15th January 2021
South India: 11th and 12th January 2021
Last date to Apply: 1st January 2021
Shrey Madaan: +91 9711509573 (North India), smadaan[at]studentsforliberty.org
Shrutika Barabde: +91 9930273024 (South India), sbarabde[at]studentsforliberty.org