About the Opportunity
The Corporate Law Society (CLS), National Law University, Jodhpur is pleased to announce the 5th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Competition, 2020 in memory of Ms. Pranita Mehta, an exceptional student of NLU, Jodhpur.
About CLS, NLU Jodhpur
The Corporate Law Society was founded in the year 2014 by one of our alumni Mr. Ali Amerjee. Its primary objective is to provide a platform to foster discussions on corporate law and analyze related topics, develop an interest in the subject, and get a practitioner’s perspective. This is facilitated by inviting our eminent alumni to deliver lectures on developments and emerging trends in the realm of corporate law. These lectures cover topics that are usually outside the purview of classroom discussions including Capital Markets, Banking & Finance, Competition laws, M&A and Project Finance, or any other practice areas.
An epitome of excellence and diligence, Ms. Pranita Mehta was an outstanding student at NLU, Jodhpur (Batch of 2017). She had been a part of the CLS since its inception and was associated with the Society as an Adviser in 2016. In addition to leading a formidable academic career both at school and university, she was second to none when it came to extra- curricular activities. Throughout her time in NLU, Jodhpur, Pranita performed exceptionally well in her academic endeavors and was the recipient of several accolades at various international moot court competitions. Pranita, a corporate law enthusiast, was also amongst the first ones in her batch to get recruited by one of India’s Tier-1 law firms. She personified not just the ideal student but also embodied the right mix of charm and cheerfulness. Also known as a dynamic all-rounder, Pranita touched everyone’s lives by becoming a major source of inspiration and delight.
All students pursuing under-graduate (three/five year) or postgraduate law degrees from any law school/university/college recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible to participate in the Competition.
- The Proposed Ban on Cryptocurrency: A step in the right direction?
- Advent of Social Stock Exchange in India- An Analysis
- Do EdTech Companies fall in the ambit of e-commerce entities under the Consumer Protection (E-commerce) Rules, 2020?
- Critical Analysis of the Vodafone v. India Saga
- Opening Overseas Listing Opportunities- A favourable move for Indian Companies?
Consent of Participation’ shall be mailed to cls.nluj[at]gmail.com, along with a bonafide certificate from the participant’s university (Copy of College Identification Card can also be attached for the same) and the details as provided in the brochure. No registration fee is required for participation.
Winners shall be awarded the following prize money:
- First Prize: Rs. 25,000/-
- Second Prize: Rs. 15,000/-
- Third Prize: Rs. 10,000/-
Top ten submissions shall be given merit certificates.
- Last Date of Registration: January 3, 2021 (11:59 pm)
- Last Date of Submission of the Essay: January 17, 2021 (11:59 pm)
- Declaration of theresults: First week of April, 2021
- Apoorva Singh: +91 9472864323
- Rishabh Garodia: +91 88020 66356