About the Journal
The NLUO Law Journal (ISSN 2348-8913) is the flagship publication of National Law University Odisha. An annual peer-reviewed journal aims to encourage legal scholarship in national and international inter-disciplinary legal issues.
After the first volume in 2013, four consecutive volumes of the journal were formulated as special issues on ‘Access to Justice’, ‘Child Rights’, ‘Climate Change’ and ‘In the Memory of Padma Shri Prof. N.R. Madhava Menon’.
The last edition was a special and distinctive issue on Electoral Laws in India. All of the editions focused on topics of substantial contemporary relevance and provided an excellent repository of scholarship in those areas.
The following topics are the sub-themes under the broad heading of ‘Migration and its Related Issues’:
- International Human Rights Law: Migrant Workers during the Pandemic.
- Legal Service Institutions and Effective Legal Aid to address vulnerability of migrants: Practice, Issues and Challenges
- Migrant Crisis and Children: Effectiveness of Migration Laws for Children.
- Migration and Xenophobia: The Citizenship Amendment Act, 2019 and National Register of Citizens.
- Gender and Migration: Impacts of Migration on Women and the Third Gender.
- Federalism and the Pandemic: Response to Migration Issues.
- Judicial Activism on Migrant Issues and COVID Pandemic.
- Policy Review of Indian Labour Laws: Experiences from the Pandemic.
- Labour migration in India: Human rights issues and social protection policies.
- Access to health care for the migrant workers- policy, practice and current issues.
- Migration and Human Development: Context and Challenges.
- Education of children of migrant workers: policy, practice and prospects.
Note: The above sub-themes are only illustrative. NLUO would welcome papers on other topics related to ‘Migration and Related Issues’.
All the word limits mentioned above are exclusive of footnotes. Kindly note that the word limits will be strictly enforced.
All the submissions must consist of an Abstract of not more than 300 words, main contribution and a declaration of originality. The abstract will not be included in the word limit.
A submission can be co-authored by a maximum of two people. Submissions are invited from undergraduate and graduate students, academicians, practitioners and research scholars.
Submissions can be in the form of long articles, short notes, book reviews. The acceptable word limit should not exceed:
- Long Articles: 8000-10000 words
- Short Notes: 4000-8000 words
- Case Comments/Legislative Comments: 3000 words
- Book Review: 2000-3000 words
Note: The last date for submission is 31st January 2021.
How to Submit?
Authors are requested to send their original, unpublished submissions in .doc/.docx format to nluojournal[at]nluo.ac.in.
The name of the file must contain Name of the Author(s) + Title of the Submission.
The submissions must be accompanied by a covering letter bearing the following information:
- Full Name of the Author(s)
- Position/Year of Study
- Institutional Affiliations (if any)
- Contact Details of the Author(s)