About the Opportunity
Indian Bioethics Project (GIBP), an independent project under Gujarat National Law University, is calling for blogs (articles and submissions) in bioethics and Bio-Law from an Indian perspective.
Indian Bioethics Project is an independent project under Gujarat National Law University, which aims at contributing to the Indian discourses on the intersections between Bioethics and Law. There has hardly been a time in Indian history when the Indian traditions have not been in transition, except perhaps hypothetically at the very beginning of Indian civilization.
India may appear to be a culture wrapped in its past, possessed by religion, and aglow in its mystical tradition. By dealing with questions of right and wrong, ethics operates quite closely with religion, and historically, there have indeed been many intersections between religion and ethics. Given the religious plurality of India, which also adds to the cultural diversity, Indian ethics and particularly Indian Bioethics may have lessons for the pluralistic world.
Original articles on subjects including but not limited to the ethical and legal dimensions of:
- Artificial reproduction
- Issues at the end of life
- Biotechnology Law
- Organ transplants
- Stem cell research
- Research ethics
- Clinical ethics
- Animal ethics
- Environmental ethics, and
- Other issues related to governance and ethical implications of emerging technologies.
- Submission Guidelines
- All entries should be mailed to email@example.com in .doc or .docx format
- Word Limit: Between 600 and 1,200 words.
Special consideration may be given for outstanding articles that exceed the word limit.
- Citation: Use only hyperlinks to cite your sources.
- Footnotes: Footnotes must be avoided.
- Language: Simple language and words must be possible whenever possible. All technical terms should be explained to increase access across learning levels and disciplines.
- Spacing: Blogs should be double-spaced with no spaces before or after paragraphs.
- Format: MS Word format only. Any other format shall be rejected.
- Title: Include a title for the blog in the email.
- Authors: Include the name of all the authors along with their affiliations.
- Declaration of the originality: Explicitly indicate that this manuscript is your original work, not submitted elsewhere, and has not appeared elsewhere.
- Graphic for the post: GIBP posts a graphic with each Blog Post – If you have an appropriate image for your blog, please attach it along with your article. If the image is not yours, please include permission from the creator for us to post this image. The editorial staff has the right to use, or not use, any submitted graphic images and may post the text with an image of their own choosing.
- Blogs should be submitted as attachments to gibp[at]gnlu.ac.in along with the subject ‘Submission for the blog_ <Authors Name>‘.