About the Institute
Law Mantra is a registered charitable trust with the Government of India under the India Trusts Act 1882 (Registration No. 150 in Book Number 4 Vol No 3, 603 of 2018).“
Law Mantra has headquarters in New Delhi and is a body of Jurists, Advocates, Academicians and Students running for the purpose of enhancing legal academics and legal awareness in the society and in the practice of the same.
About the Book
This Call for chapter is for contributions in an edited book on the theme Criminal Justice Administration: Challenges in Law and Procedure. Selected papers will be published with ISBN.
The essential object of criminal law is to protect society against criminals and law-breakers. For this purpose, the law holds out threats of punishments to prospective lawbreakers as well as attempts to make the actual offenders suffer the prescribed punishments for their crimes.
Therefore, criminal law, in its wider sense, consists of both the substantive criminal law and the procedural (or adjective) criminal law. Substantive criminal law defines offences and prescribes punishments for the same, while the procedural law administers the substantive law.
About the Call for Papers
Authors are encouraged to include original works. Please submit your chapter and a brief personal biography. Your Chapter should also include a chapter title. After careful review of all Chapters, the editorial board will contact individuals.
The research chapters should be a comprehensive review of contemporary relevant legal issues mentioned above. The word limit for the submission is 4000-10000 words. All Submissions must be accompanied by a Covering letter stating the title of the paper, author’s full name, name of institution and the author’s contact details. Submission must be in MS Word doc., Font- Times New Roman.
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- Abstract (Minimum 300 Words) Along with 5 Minimum Keywords, with final paper should be sent by 15th December 2020.
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization/University/Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it.
- Name and details of Co-author, if any.
- Chapter: Chapter should be in Times New Roman 12 point font and double spaced. The main title should be in full capitals, bold and centered with a 12 point font. Sub-titles should be in sentence case, bold and 12 point font. Author’s names should be in small capitals and centered 12 point font Footnotes should be in Times New Roman 12 point font.
- Citation Format: Please use footnotes rather than endnotes. Footnotes should conform to Indian Law Institution, New Delhi Style.
- Submission of the abstract: A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s) and address, designation, institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information (email, phone, etc.) is compulsory to submit. All submissions must contain an abstract of not more than 300 words with 5 Minimum Keywords.
- Originality of Manuscripts: All the contributions should be the original work of the contributors and should not have been submitted for consideration in any other Publication. Any plagiarized work will be out-rightly rejected; Plagiarism more than 15% will strictly be rejected.
- Copyright: The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the Intellectual Property of Law Mantra Trust.
- The title of the Chapter should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization/University/Institution and Email address. It is mandatory to mention Email address, as all future correspondence will be through it.
- Name and details of Co-author, if any.
- The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2007 or 2010).
- The paper must be in single-column layout with margins justified on both sides.
- The length of the paper should not be below 4,000 words (including footnotes) and Should not Exceed more than 10,000 (Including Footnotes).
- All contributions must be submitted to journal.lawmantra[at]gmail.com.
Who Should Submit?
Interested Professors, Researchers, Practitioners, Students are invited to submit Book Chapters. All submitted chapters will be reviewed on a double-blind peer review basis.
Editor in Chief
Dr. Harleen Kaur, Assistant Professor of Law, University of Delhi, New Delhi: Dr. Harleen Kaur is an Assistant Professor of Law at Campus Law Centre, Faculty of Law, Delhi University. She holds an LL.B. (Gold Medalist) and LL.M Degree from the Faculty of Law, University of Delhi.
She is a recipient of various awards such as Gold Medal Hiralal Daga Memorial Medal, P.G. Krishnan Memorial Prize, Law Union Prize for securing first position in order of merit in three consecutive years of LL.B. and G. Pershad Memorial Prize for B.A. (Pass) in Miranda House, University of Delhi in addition to the Academic Excellence Award for the year 2019 by Iswar Saran Post Graduate College (University Of Allahabad) & Droit Penale: Indian Law Journal On Crime And Criminology, Legal Path Foundation.
She has many Articles on diverse legal issues to her credit which have been published in Law Journals of National and International repute. She has also authored chapters in various books. She has participated and presented papers in various National and International Conferences and Seminars. With an experience of twelve years in teaching, her areas of interest are Criminal Law (IPC and CR.PC.), Property Law and Human Rights and Surrogacy. Dr Harleen has delivered numerous lectures at various prestigious institutions and universities and Police Academies.
She has been a resource person for various seminars, workshops conducted by Government Colleges and Universities. She has also chaired sessions in National and International workshops, Conferences, Seminars and is on board of the Editorial Committee of various Legal Journals of National repute.
For More Details, you can contact Ms. Akansha Jain, Advocate, Supreme Court of India and Member Editorial Board on +91-9667822453.
Questions and comments should be directed to journal.lawmantra[at]gmail.com.