The Indian Review of Corporate and Commercial Laws (IRCCL) is a blog that publishes articles on current issues relating to corporate and commercial laws. The blog aims to create a writing community, consisting of students, research scholars and practitioners, to foster debate and discussion on various corporate as well as commercial laws.
About the Competition
The 1st IRCCL Blog Writing Competition 2020 is being organised to foster and cultivate a calibrated approach to academic research and writing. What makes this competition particularly unique is its upper word limit of 2,500 words, through which we hope to have a premier focus on novel content.
This competition is open to all students enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate programme in law (B.C.L., J.D., LL.B., LL.M., or their local equivalent) in any recognized university across the world.
Refer to the brochure to know about the specific themes selected by us under the areas of corporate law, dispute resolution, trade and investment law, taxation law, labour law, competition law and insolvency and bankruptcy law.
To participate in the competition, interested students must e-mail their submission to ircclblog.competition[at]gmail.com by 2359 hours on 31 October 2020 (Indian Standard Time, GMT +5:30).
Note: There is no registration fee for this competition.
Co-authorship of up to two authors is permitted.
- First Prize: INR 10,000 + An opportunity to intern at Samvad Partners, Delhi + certificate of merit
- Second Prize: INR 7,000 + certificate of merit
- Third Prize: INR 5,000 + certificate of merit
- Fourth – Fifth / Tenth Prize (depending on the number of submissions): Certificate of merit
- The top 5-10 articles (depending on the number of submissions) will also be selected for publication on the IRCCL blog.
- Last Date of Submission: 31 October 2020
- Declaration of Results: 30 November 2020 (tentative)
Queries, if any, may be directed to our dedicated e-mail address for the competition, i.e. ircclblog.competition[at]gmail.com, with the subject ‘Query – IRCCL Competition’.