About Legal Aid Society, NLU Odisha
National Law University Odisha (NLU Odisha) was established in the year 2008 by the Odisha government, as a Centre of Excellence in Legal Education.
In furtherance of the same, the Legal Aid Society of NLU Odisha was established in the year 2012 with a mission to implement the mandate of the Legal Services Authorities Act, 1987.
About Sarkari School
Sarkari School works with an initiative to build a platform for those working in the field of school education, to uplift the future of the younger generation through their hard-work.
About the Conference
Article 21-A of the Constitution of India provides free and compulsory education of all children in the age group of 6 to 14 years as a Fundamental Right in such a manner as the State may, by law, determine. This RTE Act came into effect on 1 April 2010.
This conference will highlighting the changes that came in our country post 10 years of RTE: our achievements as well as challenges that still need to be addressed.
About the Call for Research Papers
NLUO & Sarkari School invites submissions about the implementation and challenges faced by the Right to Education Act in India.
- The best 10 authors will be given an opportunity to present their paper at the conference.
- Every selected article will be acknowledged with a certificate of appreciation.
Themes and Sub-Themes
- Impact of RTE on
- Girl’s Education.
- School infrastructure.
- Enrollment rate.
- Inclusion of differently-abled.
- Literacy rate.
- Social and economical implication on right to education.
- Role of RTE in child-centered education.
- RTE in view of government and private schools.
- RTE paving the way for the democratization of education.
- How has the RTE act failed to ensure a 25% reservation to poor students in private schools?
- Revolution of the education system and the way forward.
- Right to education and gender equality.
- The education system for the disabled.
- The need to uphold the RTE act during a pandemic.
- How can India’s Education System escape the vicious cycle of inequality and discrimination?
- Impact of media on the Right to education.
- Right to education in the era of digital learning.
Submission Guidelines and Rewards
Click the link at the bottom for submission guidelines and rewards.
Important Details and Deadlines
- Deadline for abstract submission: October 2, 2020
- Deadline for final submission: October 14, 2020 till 11:59 PM
- Conference Date: October 18, 2020
- Time: 10 AM to 4 PM
For queries regarding the conference and for submission, write to rteconf2020[at]gmail.com.