About the Journal
Lex Humanitariae: Journal for a Change (ISSN: 2582-5216) is a non-annual peer-reviewed Law Journal aimed at providing a platform to the original work of authors by way of an open access system to reiterate the importance and multi-disciplinary approach of law.
The Journal is indexed with 9 databases including Index Copernicus International, ROAD, I2OR, DRJI, SJIF, etc., and has PIF 5.042 (evaluated by SJIF).
The Journal with a hope to foster legal research welcomes submissions in the form of articles, short notes, book reviews and case/legislative comments.
Any theme related to socio-legal aspect is acceptable. Inter-disciplinary approach and comparative research shall be encouraged.
The Journal invites submissions from students, academicians, lawyers, judges and other esteemed members of the legal fraternity.
- All entries shall be accompanied by a brief abstract of not more than 250 words (included in the word limit) highlighting the central theme of the paper. No Paper will be accepted without an abstract.
- The body of the paper shall be in Times New Roman, size 12, 1.5 line spacing. Footnotes shall be in Times New Roman, size 10, single line spacing.
- Footnoting Style: The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20th Ed.), or ILI Style of Citation. Anyone of the two can be used uniformly throughout the paper. Endnotes shall not be allowed and running footnotes should be avoided.
- A margin of 2 centimetres shall be left on all the sides of the paper. No page borders, headers or footers shall be used.
- The manuscript shall be submitted in Word (.doc or .docx) format only.
- The paper should have an appropriate title.
- Submission of every entry shall be acknowledged within 48 hours, subject to the preliminary review process.
- The acceptance or rejection of the manuscript shall be conveyed to the author(s) within 7 days of its submission.
- Soft copy of the Certificate of Publication shall be provided to the author. Soft copy of the issue shall be available and accessible to all on the Journal’s website.
- The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the intellectual property of Lex Humanitariae.
The journal invites entries for publication under the following categories:
- Articles (3000-6000 words)
- Short Notes (1000-3000 words)
- Case Comments/Legislative Comments (1000-3000 words)
- Book Reviews (1000-2000 words)
The limits are inclusive of footnotes and subject to relaxation.
- The research paper should be original & unpublished work of the author, and shall not be simultaneously under consideration elsewhere.
- The submission should be non-plagiarised. Proper footnoting should be done to give due acknowledgment to the original authors. In case of any plagiarism, the journal shall not be liable for the same.
- Co-authorship is permissible up to a maximum of three authors.
- Only accepted manuscripts and for which manuscript processing charges have been paid shall be published.
How to Submit?
Direct the mail at editor.lexhumanitariae[at]gmail.com.
- The mail bearing the manuscript must indicate the category that the submission is intended for, i.e. Article/Short Note/Case or Legislative Comment/Book Review.
- The subject of the mail shall be in the following format: “Submission – Volume I Issue IV – [category]”.
- The details of the authors, including their names, contact details (email id and phone number), name of the institution or their designation (as the case may be), shall be provided in a separate MS Word file.
The deadline for the receipt of submissions is 23:59 hrs on October 15th, 2020.
Live Publication of Manuscript: They publish live issues and hence your paper is published within 10 working days of completing pre-publication formalities.
Selected papers will be provided with the following:
Authors shall be provided with:
- A soft copy of the Certificate of Publication.
- A soft copy of the Issue.
Live Publication of Manuscript: Live Publication within a few days after completing formalities.
One best paper selected will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 3,000/- and Certificate of Merit.
Special mention for top five entries on our website.
The fee is to be paid after acceptance of Manuscript.
- Rs. 800 for Single authorship
- Rs. 1000 for Co-authorship up to two
- Rs. 1200 for Co-authorship up to three
- For Foreign Author(s): 20 USD
Mr. Tushar Seth: Managing Editor
Email ID: editor[at]lexhumanitariae.co.in
Mobile Number: +91 9818443267