About the Organisation
Creating works of art in response to the recent events is a potent antidote to the uncertainty and fear round us. Keeping that in mind, Showca[u]se, a literary magazine for and by law students of NLU-Jodhpur, invites you to write about your ideas and opinions.
They bring to you a convergence of literature, law and current events in today’s society. Currently, they are accepting submissions on a rolling basis!
The magazine invites all kinds of original and unpublished submissions. Whatever form your piece takes, it will be consumed by an active and engaged readership so reach out to us with your pitch!
- Submissions must be in English and previously unpublished. Submissions in any other language must have an English translation of the same attached.
- They are interested in personal essays, think-pieces, memoirs, prose poems, formal poems, blank verse, free verse and short stories; they do not publish academic essays or purely legal writing. Any opinion piece must be adequately
researched. Sources must be duly credited; they have a zero-tolerance policy for plagiarism.
- Simultaneous submissions are also acceptable as long as they are notified immediately if the manuscript is accepted for publication elsewhere. Once accepted, the copyright of the piece is automatically transferred to Showca(u)se.
- Articles, essays or poems that have been selected to be published in Showca(u)se may be reposted on other platforms. However, the second publication should be allowed only with the prior permission of the Board of Editors. The second publication should duly acknowledge the publication Showca(u)se. It may be done by stating that: [first posted on Showca(u)se Magazine on dd/mm/yy].
- Co-authorship is permitted for any submissions sent.
- All submissions must be sent to showcause.nlu[at]gmail.com in doc/docx format.
- The authors shall receive an acknowledgment email on the receipt of the article/essay/poem by the Editorial Board. In case this does not happen, kindly re-send the article. Once the Editorial Board acknowledges the receipt of an article, it will go through a rigorous editorial process and the decision about its acceptance or rejection shall be communicated to the authors within 10 days.
- Please do not submit revisions of work they’ve already considered.