About the University
REVA University has been established under the REVA University Act, 2012. The University is located in Bengaluru on a sprawling green campus, spread over 45 acres of land, built with state-of-the-art infrastructure creating an environment conducive to higher learning and research.
The founder of REVA University believe in the motto ‘Knowledge is Power’. Driven with a philanthropic vision and a missionary zeal, the campus is built to transform students into outstanding citizens. The University prides itself in contributing to the holistic development of every student.
About the Law School
School of Legal Studies has slowly emerged as a chosen destination for many aspiring lawyers and legal professionals. The School is recognized by the Bar Council of India (BCI) providing B.B.A LL. B (Hons), B.A LL. B (Hons), LL.M & Phd programs.
About the Conference
REVA University is proud to organize the 2nd REVA National Law Conference – 2020 (RNLC-2020) on 10th October 2020. The Conference intends to enlighten and help in managing the portfolio of various intellectuals to further productive discussions on the issues relating to the Intellectual Property Rights.
The Conference is aimed at providing an opportunity for the students, professionals, academicians, research scholars, legal practitioners, business managers, inventors, Scientists, NGOs etc. with a platform to exchange their ideas and experiences in the IP field. The Intellectual Property Regime is in the midst of a paradigm shift in favour of greater access to protected work.
The current interpretation of this paradigm shift emphasizes the agency of transnational advocacy networks but ignore the role of academics. Academic research in this aspect can promote a paradigm change by generating of certainty & stability in the IPR regime.
Theme of the Conference: New Paradigms in Intellectual Property Rights Protection and Legislation
- Artificial Intelligence and copyright
- Authorship: Determining Copyright Issues in the emerging Technology
- Protecting Software: Patent, Copyrights and Sui Generis Protection regimes
- Medicinal and Aromatic Plants
- Enforcement of IPR laws in times of COVID-19
- Emerging Trends in Digital Technologies under Intellectual Property Law
- Trends and Technology challenges in current patent Law
- Patent Challenges in the Pharmaceutical, Intellectual Litigation and growing trends
- Intellectual Property and sustainable development
- Contemporary Issues and Challenges on Geographical Indications
- Abstract submission: It should be a maximum of 500 – 800 words, including key words.
- Last date of Abstract Submission: 28th September 2020
- (Intimation regarding the selection of abstracts: 30th September 2020
- Full paper Submission: Full papers should be a maximum of 6000 words (Inclusive of Foot Notes) and should contain author details like Name, Designation, Organization and E-mail ID.
- The paper should be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12 and with 1.5 line spacing.
- In the case of joint authorship, both the authors should register separately.
- Last date of Full Paper Submission: 8th October 2020.
- Papers can be sent to solsconference[at]reva.edu.in.
E-Certificates will be issued to paper presenter and participants.
Selected papers will be published in UGC recognized journal, with additional cost.
Registration and Payment Details
- Foreign Delegate/Academician: USD 100
- Foreign Research Scholar/ Students : USD 70
- Indian Corporate Delegates: INR 1,500
- Indian Academician: INR 1000
- Indian Research Scholar: INR 800
- Participants (Students): INR 500
(Research Scholars and PG students need to provide their student ID).
The participants shall register for the conference either by making a Demand Draft, in the favour of Registrar, REVA University, payable at Bangalore.
Kindly send the filled-in registration form and DD to the following address by post/courier-Director, School of Legal Studies, REVA University, Rukmini Knowledge Park,
Kattigenahalli, Yelahanka, Bengaluru – 560064
Phone Number: 81471 33585
Participants can pay online through NEFT/RTGS, Bank transfer to the following Account:
- Name of Account: REVA UNIVERSITY
- Bank: THE KARNATAKA BANK LTD.
- Account Number: 6662000100000901
- Branch: REVA UNIVERSITY BRANCH, Bangalore
- IFSC Code: KARB0000666
- SWIFT: KARBINBBBNG
In addition, the NEFT/online payment/bank transfer receipt with the filled in registration form to be e-mailed to: solsconference[at]reva.edu.in.
Email ID: solsconference[at]reva.edu.in
Coordinator: Professor Meera B Latha Assistant Professor, Ph: 94834 91842
- Varshita Nandgopal: 77606 93376
- Vishal Prasanna: 76760 30655
- Sona: 91215 10515
- Yuktha Manjunath: 94809 55827