About Students For Liberty
Students For Liberty, is an international educational non-profit organization, with the purpose to pitch-in academically and legally advanced civil discourse on the subject matter.
The idea of liberty for an individual can depend on a variety of factors and one’s background. It can stem from social issues like class and caste struggle and economic aspects like labour movements and freedom from crony capitalism. It can even branch out into environmentalism and gender studies.
About Round Table Discussion
Attaining liberty for an individual or a class of individuals is the centre of various political, philosophical and legal principles. In furtherance of this, we are conducting the “2nd International Round Table Discussion”. This edition of the round table would on the theme of “Human Rights”
Date and Time: Saturday, the 26th of September at 7:30 to 9:30 PM Indian Standard Time (IST).
About the Speakers
- Jerry Johnson: Faculty, iPolicy, Center For Civil Society
- Ayushi Agarwal: Lecturer, Jindal Global Law School, Jindal University
- Apoorva Bose: Human Rights Lawyer, Activist and Malayalam Actress, Kochi.
- Bhavani Fonseka: Senior Researcher and Human rights lawyer, Centre for Policy Alternatives, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Katherine Mangu: Ward – Editor-in-Chief, Reason Magazine, Washington DC.
- Moderator: Atishya Kumar: Junior Research Consultant , National Human Rights Commission, New Delhi.
How to Register?
Certificate: Participation certificates will be provided for all participants who successfully attend the whole 2-hour session.
Naveen Kumar: nkumarlr[at]studentsforliberty.org