About the Organisation
Vox Iura is an institution created with the vision of enlightening law students through an integrated social approach. It is the brainchild of two like-minded individuals, who had the vision of creating legal awareness and developing the required skillset of law students and practitioners.
About the Competition
The Judgment Writing Competition, 2020 has been conceived with the aim of promoting skills of interpreting and applying legal concepts to facts and drafting judgments. The objective of this Competition is to enable the students to approach a factual matrix from the point of view of a judge, apply the law and render a judgment. The student shall be expected to think like a judge and reach a well-reasoned conclusion.
- The participants should be currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3-Year LL.B. course or 5-Year LL.B. course from any recognized university/school.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university. The participants shall write a single opinion.
- Multiple opinions/dissenting opinions are not allowed.
- Individual participation, as well as participation in a team of three i.e. co-authorship, is allowed.
Important: A team comprising of three students from different colleges are also eligible to participate in the competition.
- The manuscript submitted must be an original work of the author(s) and must not have been submitted or published elsewhere. Any sort of plagiarism shall amount to penalty.
- Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of 3 authors.
- Word Limit 3000 – 4000 (exclusive of footnotes).
- The manuscript must not disclose identity of the author(s)(e.g. name, institution, etc.)
- The author(s) shall submit a separate cover letter containing the details of the author.
The name of the file shall be named in the following format:
- Cover Letter: Cover Letter – Name of the author(s).
- Manuscript: Manuscript – Name of the author(s).
All the required documents (Manuscript and Cover Letter) must be submitted in doc or docx and pdf format and should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Manuscript Submission | Name of the author – Name of the co-author.
- The author(s) shall strictly adhere to the 19th Bluebook Citation. Any citation found contrary shall amount to penalty.
- The manuscript shall be in A4 Layout with 1.5 line spacing and Justified.
- Headings: Times New Roman, Size – 14, Bold.
- Main body: Times New Roman, Size – 12.
- Footnotes: Times New Roman, Size – 10, Line Spacing 1.0 and Justified.
|Deadline for Registration||5th October 2020|
|Last date for seeking Clarifications||8th October 2020|
|Issuance of clarifications||10th October 2020|
|Last date for submission of the Judgments||25th October 2020|
- ₹ 250 for Single author
- ₹ 450 for Two authors
- ₹ 600 for Three authors
Mode of Payment: Registration Fees should be paid online. Kindly take the screenshot of payment ID for reference. The link for the registration is here.
A confirmation mail will be sent on approval of registration.
Google Pay: Transfer amount to +91 9094813014 or +91 8098427927
UPI ID: mitesh.law@okhdfcbank
UPI ID: vigneshbaskaranbabl@oksbi
NEFT & IMPS
- Name of the Account: R Mitesh
- Name of the Account: HDFC Bank
- Account Number: 50100104287670
- IFSC Code: HDFC0000017
- First Prize: Certificate of Excellence + Free publication on VOX IURA website + Rs. 3000 Cash Prize.
- Second Prize: Certificate of Excellence + Free publication on VOX IURA website + Rs. 2000 Cash Prize.
- Third Prize: Certificate of Excellence + Free publication on VOX IURA website + Rs. 1000 Cash Prize.
- Shortlisted judgments will be published with the name of the author.
- Certificate of Merit would be awarded to the top ten participants excluding Top three.
- Certificate of Participation will be given to all the participants.
The decision of the jury shall be final and binding. The decision of the Organizing Committee shall be binding in the interpretation of any rules or for any query or otherwise.
All queries and clarifications regarding the proposition must be mailed to the Organizing Committee on email@example.com.
Hariniyadav. D: +91 99627 19699
Mitesh. R: +91 90948 13014