About the Organisation
Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan is a full-service law firm based in India. The firm has 12 offices and has over 400 professionals specializing in areas such as corporate & commercial laws, dispute resolution, taxation and intellectual property.
Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan is opening a job post of Senior Associate – Corporate and M&A at their Delhi office.
Key skills required
- Hands-on experience working with clients on mid-size and large mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity investments, and strategic corporate transactions.
- Ability to conduct and manage due diligence, drafting diligence reports, drafting and negotiating deal documentation and commercial contracts, and coordinating deal closings.
- A sound understanding of general corporate laws, including the Companies Act, 2013; Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999; Competition Act, 2002; Indian Contracts Act, 1872; Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI) regulations; Reserve Bank of India (RBI) regulations; employment laws; and data protection laws.
- Attention to detail: in drafting, research, and negotiations.
- Excellent writing skills (to be backed up with published samples). Can contribute to the knowledge-management and writing initiatives of the Firm.
- Good commercial acumen and the ability to place business problems within the applicable legal framework.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of integrity and honesty, and a work ethic that is consistent with the Firm’s policies.
- A 5-year or 3-year law degree from a reputed university.
- 3 to 5 years of experience, of which a substantial portion involves corporate M&A and transactional work at a reputed law firm, or in the M&A department of a corporate house which is actively engaged in M&A, or a mix of both.