About the Organisations
Geeta Institute of Law (GIL) was established in 2007. The institute is closely located on NH-1, G.T. Road Panipat, just 50 minutes run from Delhi, the capital of India. The institute was granted affiliation by the Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra in 2007 and affiliation has been approved by the Bar Council of India.
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab, was established by the state legislature of Punjab by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act, 2006 (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006). The Act incorporated a University of Law of national stature in Punjab. The University also got registered with the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi under Section 2(f) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 and has been declared fit to obtain a grant from the (UGC) under Section12-B of the UGC Act, 1956.
About the Seminar
Geeta Institute of Law (GIL) and Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL) are organizing National E-seminar on Development of Arbitration and Mediation Regime in India: Discussing the Challenges, solutions and future Prospects on 26th September 2020.
The papers should be submitted at: seminar[at]geeta.edu.in
- Role of Arbitration & Mediation in reshaping Indian Legal System
- Effectiveness of Mediation in Present Justice Delivery System
- E- Arbitration and E- Mediation
- Recognition and Enforcement of Arbitration and Mediation awards
- Need to enact Mediation Act
- Mediation in Civil Disputes
- Enforcement Agencies involved in Mediation: Challenges and Remedies
- Mediation in Matrimonial Disputes
- Online Mediation in India: Future Prospects
- Mediation in Consumer Disputes Cases
- Arbitration v. Litigation
- Interdisciplinary issues and Arbitration
- Mediation in Industrial Dispute and Labor Law
- Indigenous form of Dispute Settlement: Relevance in the present perspective
- Negotiation and Mediation in the Banking Sector
- Arbitration and Technology: Blockchain Arbitration and Smart Contracts in India
The program has been speciﬁcally designed for students, Faculty Members, Research Scholars and Research Associates, academicians and professionals from all Institutes/Departments/Colleges of Law.
Participants have to register by sending the Registration Form to seminar[at]geeta.edu.in on or before 20th September 2020.
For Indian Participants:
- Students: Rs. 300/-
- Academicians and Professionals/research scholars: Rs. 500/-
Participants outside India:
- Students: USD 10
- Academicians and Professionals/research scholars: USD 500/-
Mode of Payment
Payment can be made through RTGS/NEFT/IMPS or Demand Draft. DD can be drawn in favor of Geeta Institute of Law, payable at Panipat.
Payment through RTGS/NEFT/IMPS can be made on the following bank account:
- Bank Name: HDFC Bank LTD, Samalkha
- Account Number: 13251450000062
- IFSC Code: HDFC0001325
- Pin Code: 132101
- Account Type: Savings
Demand Draft: Crossed DD to be drawn in favor of “GEETA INSTITUTE OF LAW, payable at Panipat.
Note: Registration Fee is not refundable.
- Submission of Abstract: 31st August 2020
- Confirmation of Abstract: 2nd September 2020
- Submission of Full Paper: 14th September 2020
- Confirmation of Selected Papers for Presentation: 16th September 2020
- Submission of Registration Form with Fee (Soft Copy): 20th September 2020
- In case of DD, DD must reach GIL by 20th September 2020
- National E- Seminar: 26th September 2020
Mr. Anil Vats, Assistant Professor
Dr. Gurmanpreet Kaur, Assistant Professor
E-mail ID: seminar[at]geeta.edu.in
Mobile Number: 9991118639