About the Institute
The G.H. Raisoni Law College is one of the benchmark institutions in central India imparting legal education through LLB3 Years and BALLB 5 years integrated courses. It organizes various research and extra-curricular activities like National Moot court competitions, National Essay Writing Competition and other such practical oriented programs to equip students with professional skills.
About the Competition
G.H. Raisoni Law College is organising 1st National Essay Writing Competition, 2020.
The objective of this competition is to provide a great opportunity for students to work on their research and writing skills.
The competition is open to the students who are currently pursuing graduation or post-graduation in bonafide Universities.
Are the English Common Law Doctrines still Crutches in the hands of the Indian Legislations.
- The length of the essay should be upto 3000 words, excluding footnotes.
- Submissions must be made in Microsoft Office (doc/Docx.) formats only.
- The essay should be free from all grammatical and spelling errors.
- The body of the manuscript must be in the font “Times New Roman” font size 12, line spacing 1.5, and alignment “justify”.
- All footnotes must be in the font “Times New Roman”, font size 10, line spacing 1.
- All submissions must follow the “The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20thEdition)”.
- An abstract of upto 150 words must be also be attached to the essay.
Last Date for Registration: 28th August 2020
Last Date for Submission: 10th September 2020
- Winner and runners up shall be provided with an E-certificate.
- All the participants will receive an e-certificate.
Registration is free of cost. Interested participants shall mail their name, college, year to tanya18joshi[at]gmail.com.
- The essay should be written in English only.
- Only one essay per participant may be submitted.
- Co-authorship to a maximum of 2 authors is permitted.
- Any form of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- The essays shall be mailed on tanya18joshi[at]gmail.com only.
Tanya Joshi (Student Co-ordinator): 8600143576