About the Organisation
The Union Public Service Commission, commonly abbreviated as UPSC, is India’s premier central recruiting agency. It is responsible for appointments to and examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services.
Vidhi Sahitya Prakashan, Legislative Department, Ministry of Law and Justice is opening job posts of Sub-Editors.
- Translation of selected judgments of Supreme Court of India and various High Courts from English to Hindi.
- Preparation of Head-Notes of translated judgments.
- Preparation of index and digests.
- Checking of citations from Indian and Foreign Law Reports.
- Proofreading and scrutiny of Patrikas.
- To report to the Assistant Editor and the Editor/Branch Officer of the Unit regarding translating/editing task.
- Any other work related to the Patrikas with the consultation of Editor/Chief Editor or higher Officers of the Department.
Number of Vacancies
New Delhi, India
Bachelor’s Degree in Law of a recognized University or institute.
Hindi as an elective or compulsory subject at the Senior Secondary (12th) level from a recognized Board or Institute.
English as a compulsory subject at Senior Secondary (12th) level from a recognized Board or Institute.
- Translation in Hindi of deeds, agreement, Bills, Acts, Rules, Regulations and Orders, in the Central Government or State Government or Union Territory Administration or Public Sector Undertakings or Autonomous or Statutory Bodies or Recognized Institutes or Universities for a period of three years; or
- Editing and translation in Hindi of High Court or Supreme Court judgments for three years; or
- Post Graduate Diploma in translation from an Institute recognized by the Central Government or State Government.
Level-7 in the Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC. Group ‘B’ Gazetted, Non-Ministerial.
How to Apply?
Deadline: 28th August 2020